Jarret Yoshida is a self-taught star interior designer, and he is developing an aesthetic in his own way. With his years of education and his intense travels around the world, Yoshida continues to spread his sophisticated, classic approach rooted in the traditions of Japanese design and memories of his childhood in Hawaii.
Recently Jarret Yoshida has a New York City-based firm, established in 2002, that offers a variety of design services, art-advising, for individuals looking for a transformation or some qualified instruction. And finally, here we bring you Yoshida’s key tips to updating your environment for the coming autumn season:
1. Fall means fireplaces for much of the countries. Get it cleaned and make the professional inspected now so you can enjoy your fireplace surrounded by family and friends.
2. Deep wood tones remind me of shorter days as the year draws us to a close. Add key wood pieces to your home, but be careful to keep them within the same wood palette to avoid a visual clash. For example, avoid mixing warm red cherries with cool walnut, for example. Whenever possible, add some vintage or antique pieces to give your home a warmer, more engaging feel.
See also: INTERIOR DESIGN TRENDS FOR MODERN HOME DECOR IN 2016 INTERIORS
3. Seasonal greens or flowers from your garden are always a great reminder of Fall. In areas of the country with a hard winter, this is often the last grasp of your garden. Natural beauty is more fragile and as delicate than anything we could buy for our homes. Take the time for yourself to enjoy it.
4. Fall is often the start of the social season for family and friends. Rearrange art in your home for a fresh take on your surroundings. Establish a new narrative where your art pieces engage each other in new ways based on their subject matter, color or even framing.
5. The most dramatic change can come from a vivid furniture piece that reminds us of the deep rich tones of autumn, such as burnt orange and russet. This vintage console by mid-century furniture design star Karl Springer shows us how it is done.
See also: SUPER TIPS FOR LUXURY KITCHEN DECOR
Don’t Forget to Follow & Subscribe CovetED Magazine!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google plus | Linked In
Subscribe our magazine